There are over three billion social media users at present and the number is rising each day. An average internet user today makes use of five social media accounts that they are checking almost daily. Therefore, it is no exaggeration to say that social media should be seen as an important inbound marketing strategy.
1. Have SMART Goals: Creating a social media strategy can be intimidating but with Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely Goals one can achieve the desired result. The social media goals should not be differing from the marketing goals.
2. Know Your Audience: Knowing the audience and what they look for in social media is the key to changing the followers into consumers. Social media analytics provide valuable information regarding followers such as where they are from, what’s their interests, and their age group.
3. Know your Competitors Too: As the competitors are already in the field be keeping an eye on the competitor one can get a sense of what’s a hit and what’s a bomb and where the opportunities lie.
4. Social Media Audit: An audit on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok gives a clear picture of where the target audience is, which is more engaging. One should try and get their accounts verified so that the fans know that they are dealing with the real person.
5. Setting up Accounts: One should always remember it is better to use fewer channels well than to stretch oneself on all networks.
6. Get Inspiration: If you want your brand to be unique then you should draw inspiration from other businesses that are on the social media success list and their case study helps in creating your own social media plan.
Regardless of the path one chooses just be sure to make it unique and original. Plan on what content you will post and publish. One mistake that a lot of businesses do is post and forget. Listening to the concerns and praise of the existing customers helps in creating a positive image of the business.